Sunday, March 2, 2008

Airline Food...sigh

I was on my flight to Japan and reading "The Man Who Ate Everything," as I was being served my meal of "meatloaf." I sat there thinking....I could write a book about food that bear no relation to their name. the "meatloaf" was a loaf and was probably made of some meat (probably soy too)....but tasted nothing like meatloaf. I don't have a warm spot in my heart for good meatloaf anyway....thank goodness there was some Gallo red wine to wash it down with. I wish that upgrade had come through.....flying in economy is kinda like the difference between Kobe beef and Westland/Hallmark beef. One is loved and cared for...the other is poked around with a fork lift. In fact on this flight they said they upgraded me to business. I went to the counter and they said, oops we don't have any business seats left....oh, and we gave your premium economy window seat away...how would you like to sit next to the lavatory (not kidding). I hope the food in Asia this week makes up for it!!!!

No comments: