Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Food Poisoning

Just like visiting Las Vegas, eventually your odds catch up with you. On my recent trip to Korea I contracted Food Poisoning. Either e-coli or salmonella. Thursday night I the symptoms began and kept me up on night. By the time morning came around I was completely drained and still convulsing.

Since I was in Korea its not like you can just go look for a building with an "H" on it or a "clinic" since everything is written in Korean. So, instead I called the concierge at the hotel and asked if they had a doctor. Thank God they did and the on-call doctor form the local hospital came to my room. I had a bad case with a fever too. She gave me some shots and some medications. The 24 hour of travel (3 flights) was horrible, but I got home and I am now almost back to speed.

So, what do I think gave me the food poisoning? Sushi? Sashimi? Korean food? No.....pizza.

The lesson in this....stick to the local foods.

No comments: